Battlefield 2 install

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by robert.pettyjohn, Sep 10, 2007.

1. robert.pettyjohn

robert.pettyjohn Bit poster

Ok, I am trying to load up Battlefield 2 from EA games. I insert the first disk and when it's time to load the second disk it doesn't automatically eject the game so that I can put disk 2 in to continue the install. I force it to eject and then it cancels the install. I am using a macbook with OSX version 10.4.10 and I have the latest edition of parallels version 3.0 which is supposed to run 3d games. I have a 2gig intel core duo processor with 1 gig memory. I am running windows vista home edition on parallels. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried crossover but it does the same thing by not kicking out the disk automatically. Thanks

2. fbronner

fbronner Pro

Hi,

Basically, you're fighting a losing battle. Battlefield 2 needs directX 9 support, only 8.1 comes with parallel and you are running Vista Home which is not supported by Parallel as the licence from Microsoft specifically forbids to use that in virtual mode.

You're best bet would be to go with bootcamp at this point.

3. Banned

BF2 installed on Parallels5 normaly, but has some gfx glitches. For me is white textures.
    But playable in low video settings. But I hope Parallels team fix this in future.

4. worked with v5, but failed applying patches

I also found that a Battlefield 2 install worked on Parallels v5 with similar "texture glitches".

However after installing the 1.41 and 1.5 patches to Battlefield 2 it fails to run. When launched the game starts working and then just exits with no message when it is about to switch to the 3d graphic mode.

-Wayne