BETA 5: Windows finds new devices

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by netdog, Apr 26, 2006.

1. netdog

netdog Hunter

I just booted XP in Beta 5 and Windows found the USB Root Device and Controller just fine I think. Now Windows is seeking drivers for devices it has found. I don't know what those devices are. Should I let it do so?

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Please update Parallels Tools for guest Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 installed in previous betas! To do so boot guest OS and click on menu VM->Install Parallels Tools.

3. netdog

netdog Hunter

Thanks, that took care of it!

Cheers!

4. Herbo

Herbo Bit poster

Other PCI Bridge Device

I performed the steps above however I still get the "Found New Hardware" dialog with "Other PCI Bridge Device, Installing..." each time I boot Windows 2K. It just sits there until I click Cancel.

Any suggestions on how to rid myself of this message?

Thanks

5. wesley

wesley Pro

I can confirm this problem with my Win2k VM. I selected 'Disable this device' option, but Parallels guys should look into this problem and supply a proper driver or something in the next beta.

6. SFrawley

SFrawley Member

My attempts to install tools asks for the SP4 disk and I only have the SP4 downloaded file. How do I extract the files required? It also asks for the Win 2k disk. Where are the files it is looking for?

7. lancetx

lancetx Junior Member

I'm having the exact same issue. My guest OS is Win2K SP4 and I did reinstall/update the Parallels Tools after updating to Beta 5.

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Just ignore it in Windows 2000. We'll provide shared folders guest driver for Windows 2000 in next update and it will fix the issue.