BEWARE of PARALLELS

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tomcol, Jun 19, 2007.

1. tomcol

tomcol

My story begins with puchasing the update from 2,5 to 3,0. It was supposed to support ubuntu now. But it didn't work (ubuntu, weird screens and so on). So I contacted parallels with this problem (and asked for a refund). They agreed to a refund (have mails to prove it) but I never got it. Now I am sending mails asking where my refund is. But never get an answer.

SO BEWARE FOR THIS COMPANY.

TO PARALLELS: I STILL WANT MY REFUND.

:mad:

2. tomcol

tomcol

Ubuntu On Vmware Fusion Just Works Great

Learn From It

3. Doobla

Doobla

In all fairness, Ubuntu 7.04 on Parallels works very well. The new Parallels Tools make life even better, although I had hoped for Coherence for Linux.

4. wingdo

wingdo Kilo Poster

No problems here with Unbuntu and Parallels.

5. Purplish

Purplish Kilo Poster

6. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Tomcol,
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused
    I have initiated the money back process. The refund should hit your credit card account shortly.

7. tomcol

tomcol

Actually, the linux tools don't show up on my mac. I choose to install the tools but don't see anything apear (no cd or something)
    I still get weird screens starting ubuntu up and shutting it down. It even hangs everytime I shut it down.

As for the refund. Thank You.

8. jonrobs

jonrobs

I found that the CD did not just appear as well, i had to set parallels to us the real CD drive before booting ubuntu first then after booting select install tools and at the command line mound the CD. After that i could install the tools. Maybe there is an easier way and i do think there is something going on between Parallels and Ubuntu that is not quite right.

so my mouse and video is working real good just the hanging on shutdown problem now.

I am happy because it is working so much better than before.:)