Bioshock 2 Working in Parallels 5 and Windows 7 (FallOut 3 & Mass Effect)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by java, Feb 22, 2010.

1. java

java Member

tried posting to this forum a couple of times, to be honest the management of this site is lacking in responses and useful information so I try to add when I can for solutions I find on my own ... anyway;

Bioshock 2
    - I was able to get Bioshock 2 to work by installing it through the Direct2Drive download manager by Comrade.
    - used IE in Windows
    - used Comrade in Windows
    - did not rely on Mac OS for any part of the download or install
    - all files were downloaded to My Documents\My Games on C:\drive

This seemed to be the key, tried downloading to MAC HD through Safari and then double clicking to let Windows take over install, this install never worked properly

Installed to the VM C:\Drive and video setting set to fullscreen (windowed mode crashes) and display settings to the maximum. Played around with it for a while and got the best results with the video settings to get max quality and game play experience (speed)

FallOut 3 and Mass Effect were installed the same way; FallOut 3 runs well but crashes after about 10-15 minutes, bot sure why, still experimenting.

Mass Effect crashes at launcher\play screen.

I have a Mac Pro tower, 2.93 MHz Quad Core with 16MB ram; set up for maximum memory to VM in preferences and configuration. Still playing around with the number of CPUs to designate, right now at 8. Windows Experience rating of 7.1 over all (not sure what that means)

It seems like memory is more of an issue that video settings, wonder how the PVM manages memory?

Please post your findings or suggestions