Black Screen When Accessing Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by PcAidR, Jun 8, 2014.

1. PcAidR

PcAidR Bit poster

I have several computers connected to an account.
    On a Mac and PC and Home the connection works fine.
    On a PC at work running Windows 8.1 I get a black screen and it seems to be responding to applications that I open.
    I have the latest Parallels Access installed on the machine and still no luck.
    The machine is Dell XPS AIO and it has two graphics adapter. Could this be the reason for all the problem?

Also is there a problem with the app on iOS 8? on iPad mini iOS 8 I get black screens on all the computers

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi PcAidR,

Please check your network ports for a stable connection. Refer http://kb.parallels.com/117017 for network port which should be open in order to resolve the black screen.

3. PcAidR

PcAidR Bit poster

Hi Abdul,
    This port is open from LAN to WAN.
    Are there any ports that need to be open from the WAN to the computer? on the other two computers I didn't need to configure anything

4. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi PcAidR,

The ports mentioned in the above Knowledge Base article will help you in resolving the issue.
    If the issue persists even after the port are open, please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/116783 and provide us the Problem Report number.

5. AnkurP

AnkurP Bit poster

I am having a similar issue as original poster on my Windows 8.1 Pro system being used with a Nexus 5 and iPad Air. This system (laptop) also has dual-graphics (Nvidia discreet card and Intel integrated card). I have submitted a report with the ID: 46617898. Thank you in advance for any advice.

6. AnkurP

AnkurP Bit poster

I was able to figure out a fix for this issue if anyone is still struggling with it. Turned out to be pretty simple, actually. The problem seems to be due to the presence of two GPUs (Intel integrated & Nvidia discrete) and Access using the Nvidia GPU to render the display.

To fix it, adjust settings at Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings tab. From here click 'Add' and find the Parallels Access executable on your system. With this executable selected in the first drop-down list, select 'Integrated Graphics' in the second drop-down. After applying these changes, Access should render the correct image on the mobile device. I have not had a chance to test this on an AMD-based system yet, but I assume one would have a similar process.

Feel free to reply with any questions, and I'll try to help as well as I can.