Blackberry support in beta1862 still not working!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by John@flavors, Aug 8, 2006.

1. John@flavors

John@flavors Junior Member

Keep coding!

2. schulzmc

schulzmc Bit poster

I was able to sync my BB 8700g using a MacBook Pro, Windows XP, and Outlook (plugged into USB).

I:

1. Plugged in the BB
    2. Started BB desktop in Windows
    3. Selected Blackberry in the Parallels USB popup window.

Bingo - connection happened and syncing went fine. I tried this three different times and each time synced perfectly.

3. MltN2Wndr

MltN2Wndr Bit poster

I have had no such luck. Using a MacBook with 2GB Ram and Windows XP SP2, with Blackberry Desktop 4.1.1 (SP1). After playing a game several times to get the Blackberry to be recognized (I first plug it in and get a message about the USB port not being powered enough to charge the Blackberry). After I get a "good" connection, I start to sync and it hangs on a certain record...

4. steve

steve Member

MltN2Wndr:

I have found that you have to be "quick" to respond to the prompts when Desktop manager asks to add or delete items. If you prompty select "accept" and keep the BB from going to sleep (roll the thumb wheel occassionally), it seems to sync.

Do I like this? No way. I wish Parallels would pay more attention.

Steve

5. glkaplan

glkaplan Bit poster

Hi:

I'm in the can't get it to work camp. As noted in another thread, windows seems to recognize the BB but not the BB software. One possibility though, SchultzLC (above) says that the usb pop indicates "Blackberry" -- in my case, it does not say BB, but "Vendor Specific ofca:0001."

So maybe it is almost, but not quite recognizing the BB.

Best,

gk