BlackBerry

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by artsam@mac.com, Jul 13, 2006.

1. artsam@mac.com

artsam@mac.com Bit poster

I'm having a terrible time. Windows does not see my BlackBerry but Parallels sees it on the USB list. Anyone have suggestions on how to make this connection work? Does this have something to do with Parallels not supporting USB 2.0 ?

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Apparently there may be a sinc or sleep or something problem with it. Read the Mac forum.

3. wgrzybowski

wgrzybowski Bit poster

what version of the desktop manager are you running?

what kind of blackberry?

4. dewars

dewars Bit poster

I purchased Parallels and installed it last night as well at activated my Windows XP home. Everything was great! This morning I tried to get my blackberry to work with it and I find myself in the same boat as you. I regret spending the money now. This afternoon I removed it from my MacBook Pro and reinstalled XP using Boot Camp. Everything works great. I now can sync my Blackberry.

$80 out the window...

5. schulzmc

schulzmc Bit poster

I'm really confused - I installed Windows XP Pro in Parallels and installed the latest version of Blackberry Desktop. My Blackberry syncs perfectly with Outlook on my Macbook Pro.

Every once in a while I have to unplug and replug the Blackberry once before it connects. This seems to happen when I get a message on the BB saying the USB port is not properly charging the BB. I simply unplug and replug and it connects right up.

I sync 6 or 7 times a day running Outlook/WIndows on one monitor at work and all my Mac apps in OSX on my laptop screen. It all works better than I could have expected.

I love Parallels and my Blackberry.

6. dewars

dewars Bit poster

I am using the latest version of Blackberry Desktop. Windows does see the Blackberry when I connect it to the USB port but the desktop software can't.

I am using a BB 7250 with V4.1.0.268.

7. rossf

rossf Junior Member

Schulzmc's experience is exactly the same as mine. Apart from having to plug/unplug/plug it syncs perfectly. I will note that Blackberry Destop won't maintain the connection after the sync - in other words, tethering is a no show.

Cheers

8. dewars

dewars Bit poster

I tried plugging and unplugging my device and the Blackberry Desktop would not see the device. Windows XP saw it without a problem. Oh well, boot camp worked great and all the drivers work including the built in iSight. I'll keep an eye on the development of Parallels in hopes to be able to use it within OS X.

9. frikwa

frikwa Bit poster

This is exactly what I'm doing right now. Removing Parallels and using Boot Camp to see if the USB + Blackberry 8700 could be detected and working well as it should in Windows XP on an IBM PC. Anyway if it works for you then I pray that it works for me too. Too much time wasted trying to resolve this problem. Anything I should be aware of while I try to perform this last dance with my MacBook Pro. Parallels should have this glitch resolved asap since it's the best and user friendly product that support Windows.

10. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Glad you folks hijacked this forum. The topic clearly states 'for solutions'. Your mac problem should have been posted in the proper forum and you might have attracted responses from people who are fimiliar with your platform and your problem. It only takes a couple of seconds to read the forum descriptions and post properly.

11. apple85

apple85 Junior Member

tgrogan unless i'm blind or having selective sight, i don't see the title of moderator underneath your name. as a new member (well newly registered i've been trolling) I find your negative and attacking reply rude. it makes me not want to post any questions i might have regarding my blackberry/parallels issues for fear I might put them in the wrong place. take a more tackful tone. I doubt they hijacked intentionally.

Back to the original issue! I'm with ya'll just got a macbook/parallels and my 8703e bb works fine in bootcamp but not in parallels. from my browsing around i'm sure with the update coming around the start of the new year it'll be cleared up (including USB 2 support for isight woohoo!)

12. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

It's not all that time consuming to read the topic description before posting. And, it's also very productive to place your question in the proper forum to get reliable answers. The outcome of random posting has destroyed the usefulness of this How To forum to all users of Parallels.

My post was nowhere near as obnoxious as yours. If you are afraid that you're unable read and post properly - then maybe you shouldn't!

13. akatimr

akatimr Junior Member

14. apple85

apple85 Junior Member

I'm by no means afraid to post, but damn if I ever do post in the wrong section/forum! I'm going to see if there is a ignore post button so I don't have to read your c***.... thanks akatimr for getting back on subject!

15. joem

joem Forum Maven

As tgrogan has pointed out, this is the place for solutions, not questions. The idea is that if you are looking for hints and tips, you should look here.

Questions should be posted in either the general questions forum or the host OS specific forum. Many of us won't answer questions in the wrong forum.

A simple reading of the forum descriptions will make it very clear what belongs where. And of course, before you post and ask volunteers for their time, you should search the forums yourself to see whether your question has been answered already.

Moderator or not, tgrogan echos the feelings of many of the experts here who know the answers. He isn't the only one who's frustrated by people who don't read and who don't try to help themselves before posting.

If I were getting paid for this, I'd be a whole lot more tolerant, but I'm not.

16. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Gracias!!!!

17. constant

constant Forum Maven

Echo joem

18. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

Everyone take a deep breath please...

Blackberry's should work fine, although sometimes you may need to disconnect/reconnect the device to get a solid connection. Syncing will be completely seamless when we drop USB 2.0 in just a few months!

19. whytyger

whytyger Member

Thanks, Ben! Sometimes, it's better just to answer the question that to argue about how it was asked.

20. foshs

foshs Bit poster

restart

Restart.
    After getting parallels beta 3036 and updating the blackberry desktop software to 4.2.0.14, the blackberry software couldn't see the balckberry device so I restarted windows in parallels a couple of time and a few of those times I got it to see the device. I had push the device by going to the USB icon at the bottom of parallels and check it. I had to restart windws to synch again.