bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by yastern, Feb 26, 2008.

1. yastern

yastern Bit poster

I have Parallels 3.0 on a Macbook Pro with Windows XP installed. I just got a new Bluetooth mouse. The mouuse works fine in Windows XP but the Parallels mouse tool now appears to be disabled, so I now need to manually release the mouse from Parallels to go back to the the OS window. Is there soem setting that I need to tweak?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Yastern,

Do you have Parallels Tools installed?
    Bluetooth mouse is supposed to work just the same way that usual mouse works.

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. yastern

yastern Bit poster

Hi Xenos:
    Yes, I do have the Parallels tools installed. Everything worked fine when I was using the trackpad. But now that I added the bluetooth mouse, the mouse tool is turned off and won't let me check the box to turn it back on again.
    Any other information that you need?
    Thanks for you help.

4. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

If you install mouse drivers you mess up parallels tools

far better use an old style wired MS Mouse like my Basic Optical Mouse and plug and play

Hugh W

5. yastern

yastern Bit poster

Can I reinstall Parallels tools? The only part messed up is the mouse module.

6. yastern

yastern Bit poster

Just to supply some closure, Hugh W was absolutely right. I had installed the software that came with my Logitech bluetooth mouse, which was absolutely unneeded and probably screwed up my mouse synchronization tool. I uninstalled that software, reinstalled Parallels tools, and all now works perfectly well. Thanks again Hugh.