Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by whuff, Aug 17, 2007.

1. whuff

whuff Member

I have a windows XP sp 2 VM but under control panel there is no "bluetooth devices" option shown. My Blackberry can connect to my mac book pro easily, but not to the windows xp. How can I get the windows programs to recognize the phone using bluetooth?

2. njxbean

njxbean Bit poster

i have the same issues.

3. Intersecting

Intersecting Parallels Team

Unfortunately to use the Bluetooth you need to get an external bluetooth.

4. DavidBInNYC

DavidBInNYC Bit poster

Sorry, What do you mean by external bluetooth? A separate dongle?

5. whuff

whuff Member

Will this be something you try to fix in a future release of the Parallels program?

6. riha

riha Bit poster

vmware fusion have bluetooth support

That is an thing that many people would like i think.

My reason is that i have an SonyEricsson m600i and there is no support for synchronization in my mac. So i have installed microsoft Office Outlook in my Boot camp installation and can sync that way using Sony Ericssons own tools, but not when using the installation through Parallels.

I am now considering purchsing Fusion as well just to be able to do this without having to reboot computer each time i would like to sync.

Probably other people with similar problems.

Why should i have to buy an usb dongle for bluetooth support when i already have it built into my mac. Hate all those external devices.

I even have the beta2 version of the Parallels Desktop 3 update, but no bluetooth so far.

7. smokeonit1@mac.com

smokeonit1@mac.com Bit poster

8. whuff

whuff Member

That works just great

I am also running the latest Parallels build, but I had to download and install the bluetooth drivers linked in the message above. It works perfectly. Thank you so much. Too bad Parallels can't provide this type of assistance directly to people who have purchased their software.