Boot Camp and Shared User Profile

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by prioret, Sep 19, 2007.

1. prioret

prioret Junior Member

I'm running build 5160, and I'm having some real weird issues in Bootcamp.
    It would apear that my desktop, my documents, and other folders have been remapped in windows to //.PSF/something. This is behaviour you would expect with Shared User Profile while running in the Parallels VM, but not Boot Camp. For Bootcamp shared user profiles should be disabled. This does not apear to be the case.

How do I fix it? I attached my VM config, and it looks like Shared User Profiles are dissabled, but why is everything remapped in Windows when booting from bootcamp?

2. chacko

chacko Junior Member

I had the same "problem".
    Go to your vm's configuration, choose "Shared Folders" on the left and uncheck "Home folder". This should solve it.

3. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

prioret

To solve your problem, please do the following:
    1.Go to Documents/Parallels/<your virtual machine name> and open the .PVS file by means of TextEdit. Make sure "Shared Profiles enabled" is set to "0". If there is "1" change it to "0".
    2. Boot the operating system you are experiencing troubles with through Parallels Desktop. The window appears saying that Shared Profile settings have been changed and that you should log off.
    3. Click OK. After that you can boot your operating system through Boot Camp.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  4. Archy

Archy Bit poster

prioret,

Please answer:
    Have you tested any of Beta versions of 5160 Update: 5060, 5120, 5144?

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007