Boot Camp, BSOD at startup in Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kmunoz, Mar 13, 2007.

1. kmunoz

kmunoz Junior Member

I have recently started having a problem with Parallels. I can boot up my WinXP with Boot Camp and it works just fine. However, if I try to boot it in Parallels, I get the BSOD almost immediately. I get it just after the DOS-y screen that auto-selects the boot profile (which only comes up when I'm booting with Parallels).

My suspicion is that something is corrupted among the specific files that Parallels uses on startup. However, I don't know what those files are. I can't uninstall the Parallels Tools because I can't boot into Windows with Parallels (and the Tools won't let me uninstall through Boot Camp).

Is there a file or set of files I can remove manually (while I'm in Boot Camp) so that when I start up with Parallels it'll think I'm dealing with a non-Tools-installed VM? (It feels like all I need to do is avoid getting that boot script with the profile selections.) Then I can reinstall the Tools and, in theory, squash the BSOD problem.

2. aog

aog Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same problem but the other way round.
    My XP works fine with the desktop but will not boot up with Boot Camp it just forces the Computer to reboot all the time.