Boot Camp partition gone missing under OSX

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jake.biesinger, May 20, 2007.

1. jake.biesinger

jake.biesinger Bit poster

G'Day Mates!

So I've been happily using boot camp with windows xp on a fat32 partition. Normally while under osX, I can see the windows partition and happily write to it. I grabbed parallels and set it up to recognize my boot camp partition. XP is working and coherence is great, but my windows partition has gone missing from osX. I understand that it might be abit dodgy having both os's writing to the same HD simultaneously, but the fat32 drive doesn't show back up after parallels is closed. Is this normal behavior? What do I need to do to get access to my fat32 partition from osx again?

Thanks!

Jake

2. Juggernart

Juggernart Member

Normally the boot camp partition should be remounted.
    Try mounting it with your DiskUtility (folder applications/utilities).
    Start DiskUtility, click on the boot camp partition on the list left, then click the activate button on top.

3. Al_Q

Al_Q Member

I have often seen the same thing, since I changed my boot camp drive from NTFS to FAT32. Quit Parallels and the windows drive does not remount automatically. Disk Utility can remount it, but that should not be needed.