Bootcamp drive not visible on Mac when guest is running

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris von Rabenau, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Chris von Rabenau

Chris von Rabenau Member

Seems to me that I am missing something here.

Shouldn't I be able to see my guest drive when it is running?

I have lived with the way it is for some time. However, I want to begin a more rigorous separation of my work product and my personal product. Up to now, I have maintained a work directory on my Mac side and shared that directory with my guest OS. I want to move this directory to my guest OS. My only hesitation is that when I boot up my guest OS, the 'Windows' bootcamp directory disappears from my list of devices.

I have verified that 'Enable access to Windows folders from Mac' and 'Mount virtual disks to Mac OS X desktop' are both selected.

Am I missing something? This has been the way I have experienced Parallels from the beginning in 3.0 and now in 4.0. Is it because this is a Bootcamp drive?

2. AndrasP

AndrasP Bit poster

i have a same problem, without paralells i can mount the Win partition, but after i run the Paralells immidiately unmount the bootcamp partition, and if i wanna mount i get an error message