BSOD after Suspend/Resume

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by jasonw, Nov 3, 2007.

1. hschneider

hschneider Kilo Poster

Sure this is beta testing. The BSOD does appear far less frequently than it did on the pre 5580. If no other user experiences it, I can live with it.

Thank you very much,
    Harald

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Harald,

Please send the screenshot of BSOD and the latest memory dump from C:/Windows/Minidumps/ to beta-testing@parallels.com

Thank you.

3. hschneider

hschneider Kilo Poster

The crash was too fast to do a screenshot. There is also no current dumpfile in that folder.

I did a screenshot, but the Parallels-Window was filled with the former contents of the Desktop instead of the BSOD. See pic attached.

-- Harald

Attached Files:

4. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Please send the whole C:/Windows/Minidumps folder to beta-testing@parallels.com

To make a screenshot:
    In Windows:
    Right click on My Computer icon -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and recovery -> Settings -> uncheck "Automatically restart" on "Startup and Recovery".

Thank you.

5. hschneider

hschneider Kilo Poster

Minidumps is empty, I actually deleted the older dumpfiles ... :-/
    My settings for "My Computer" are the same as you described. However, the BSOD appeard for some seconds, then the VM is closed and the Parallels main menu appears.

I'll try to reproduce.

-- Harald

6. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Actually I need to know only the error code of BSOD.
    And.. If you'll reproduce this BSOD please send fresh minidump to beta-testing@parallels.com

7. jasonw

jasonw

FYI this morning I got the first reoccurrence of this BSOD with #5580. Each morning since #5580 release I have been getting the Video Memory Error instead.

I cannot reproduce the BSOD in #5580 by pressing Cmd-Q to suspend the VM and reopening as I could consistently with #5540. The BSOD frequency is massively improved with #5580 as hschneider mentioned.

The error code is the same as before (Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 000000ff, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000008). I have emailed the minidump for this BSOD through to beta-testing.

8. hschneider

hschneider Kilo Poster

I ran into it again. The VM screen changes too fast to identify an error number or to do a screenshot. But I assume it is the same as with jasonw's BSOD, because it was so before. There has been no Minidump generated.

9. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Please try the new build 5582. The issue is supposed to be finally fixed there.

Best regards,
    Xenos