Build 3094 problems: edit VM configuration and autostart

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kmunoz, Dec 21, 2006.

1. kmunoz

kmunoz Junior Member

As of the most recent beta I'm having two problems:

1) It's impossible to edit the VM configuration, since the moment the VM stops Parallels quits. I have not found a way to keep it from quitting when it's not running a VM. So, I can't edit my VM configuration.

2) Parallels doesn't recognize the VM directory that I point it to. I only have a Boot Camp setup, but I have to double-click on the .pvs file in order for it to open. Even though I have the correct directory set in Parallels Preferences, every time I open Parallels it asks me to create a new VM. It doesn't remember that the Boot Camp VM exists. Trashing the .plist doesn't fix this.

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

The VMs you have are remembered in ~/.Parallels_Settings. Edit that text file to see what's going on.

The autostart and autoquit settings are remembered in your pvs file on a VM by VM basis. Those are text files too and can be edited with a text editor.

(Obligatory disclaimer: You can break those files by editing them. Be careful.)

3. kmunoz

kmunoz Junior Member

In my .pvs file the variable AutoShutdown = 0

I take it this is the one that quits Parallels on shutdown? If that's the case, then Parallels isn't reading the .pvs file correctly (or something).