Build 3186 - Wireless network problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by asp, Mar 5, 2007.

1. asp

asp Junior Member

Since I have loaded build 3186 I have lost network connectivity for the WIN XP OS. I have been recieving the WIN XP warning that there is limited or no connectivity. This is occurring even though network connectivity is working on for OS X. I am using 802.11g and the new Apple Air Port Extreme Base Station. Networking was working with build 3170.

Tried to uninstall Parallels Tools to see if that would clear the issue. It did not. Will try and reload 3170 next.

I am running a MacBook Pro w 2G RAM - 648MB RAM for the Virtual WIN XP OS.

2. asp

asp Junior Member

Update

I forgot to mention that it would seem that the parallels software is not assigning an IP address to the WIN XP OS. To the WIN XP OS the connection is a normal Ethernet hardwired connection even though the MacBook Pro is using the built-in wireless adapter to access the Internet.

3. asp

asp Junior Member

update 2 - probably pilot error

Just noticed that the network adapter was set for bridged and not shared. I have to assume that somewhere along the way I changed the setting which knocked me off the network. Lesson learned....:eek:

4. greghk

greghk Bit poster

Interesting, I just encountered exactly the same problem, but I don't rememebr changing the setting either - maybe it is getting reset some other way?