Cache cleaner

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Uppercut, May 15, 2007.

1. Uppercut

Uppercut

My company has a system whereby you can access some of info / systems, that reside behind the firewall,on their network, through a link on to your home computer. However, part of the system has a cache cleaner, so as you're logging off, you effectively "Close the security gate" behind you (in case you were using a public computer or whatever).
    I can't get on this system with my macbook- the company network guru has told its because the cache cleaner is not supported for Mac's.
    Obviously I pointed out to him that Windows don't actually run the world yet, but I guess thats by-the-by, they seem to run the thinking of our 'experts'.
    If I install parallels and windows, would be I be good to go, to load this cache cleaner and get access?
    Really I don't want to do it - taking up a load of hard drive space with stuff I wanted to leave behind - but might it be an answer?

2. Purplish

Purplish Kilo Poster

This would probably work with Bridged Networking (which you can read about in the Manual).

If you can get a copy of Windows from your company, I would recommend that you download the trial version of Parallels (1 month trial) and install windows. Until you test it you wont know for sure.

3. mrbill

mrbill

The Juniper "Network Connect" VPN client (with cache cleaner) works just fine under Windows - I'm in the process of rolling this same product out where I work. However, it will only give you VPN access to the *windows virtual machine* running under Paralells, not anything running natively on the Macintosh.

There's a native Macintosh NC client, but the IT person at your office will have to create a separate "profile" for the Macintosh client (that doesn't use the cache cleaner) for it to work properly.

The Parallels/Windows XP solution will work just fine. It's how I test the Windows client at home. :)

Last edited: May 22, 2007