Can i run more than 2 Mac OS VMs with MacOS M2 Chip?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ThangT1, Nov 20, 2023.

1. ThangT1

ThangT1 Bit poster

Hello,
    I having an issue now with Parallels.
    I have Mac Studio M2 Ultra with 192GB RAM and running MacOS 14.0 but when I purchased Parallels Desktop 19. The control panel is strange, there are no function buttons in the Control Panel. I only can create a MacOS VM with the command and I can create only 2 MacOS VMs. When I started the 3rd machine, it disappeared and nothing happened. Is there any way to create more MacOS VMs with Parallels?
    Thanks!

2. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that Parallels macOS virtual machines on Apple Silicon Macs use the Apple Virtualization framework which limits the number of concurrently running VMs to 2.

For more information, please refer to the link https://kb.parallels.com/128867

Try starting only the 3rd one and see if it can be started successfully and let us know. Also, please try to create a new macOS virtual machine after switching off the other virtual machine and let us know the result.

Please collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.

Thanks

3. ThangT1

ThangT1 Bit poster

So is there any solution to bypass the Apple Virtualization framework which limits the number of concurrently running VMs to 2? When I start the 3rd VM, it can not start but when I turn off one machine and start the 3rd one, it can start normally. But I need to run multiple VMs at the same time