Cannot 'accept' licence terms

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by MichaelP18, Sep 22, 2016.

1. MichaelP18

MichaelP18 Bit poster

I have updated to Parallels Desktop 12 and have installed Parallels Access on my Mac and my iPad. This works. However, on the Mac, every time I open the Mac, I get the 'Software Licence Agreement' which I have to accept, but I cannot do so - clicking on 'Accept' doesn't do anything and the form remains open. I also receive a small pop-up window which asks me if I want to change the settings so ensure my computer never 'sleeps' so it is alway accessible to Parallels Access, again I cannot 'accept' or 'decline' this request. Neither can I 'shut' them, the only method of getting them off my desktop is to move them to another desktop on the computer, each time I reboot. This is annoying! I can't even uninstall Parallels Access as it is 'open', so cannot be moved from my applications folder to the trash bin!

Help!

2. MichaelP18

MichaelP18 Bit poster

I may have solved this - I used the Activity Monitor to force quit the Access application and then uninstalled it.

Can't say I'm too impressed with Parallels - very happy to take your money but no real support and no answers to e-mails / forums etc., just left to get on with it.

3. MikeS17

MikeS17 Bit poster

I had this same issue. To resolve it I went to my subscriptions in my online account. Selected to download Access then when MacOS asks to remove existing access and install new say yes.