Cannot acces the Internet on the VM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by schmemily, Feb 21, 2008.

1. schmemily

schmemily Bit poster

Hi,

On Monday Windows had a meltdown and after spending hours on the phone with Parallels tech support, I finally gave up and reinstalled Windows today. It installed on the 3rd try, but now I can't access the Internet using IE in Windows Vista. I am using the same version of Parallels (3.0, which I did not reinstall) and the same version of Vista, but did not have this problem the first time. I disabled the firewall in Vista and I have Parallels Tools installed.

What next?

2. schmemily

schmemily Bit poster

also

Of course, my wireless connection works fine on the Mac side (Leopard). In Vista I'm told that "Windows cannot find any networks."

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

first always clone your VM to a back up - I do it every weekend

so if you mess up
    you just open the clone
    (clone it again for a new back up and then keep on working)

If your data is always in shared files (not Win My Documents) you will never lose data

Always use the Parallels Filw Menu for managing clones - creating / deleting

Hugh W

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Schmemily, please let me see the following screenshots:

- the output of ifconfig command run in Terminal on Mac side;
    - the output of ipconfig /all command run in CMD on Windows side (Start -> Run -> type CMD and press Enter -> run the command);
    - the output of ping www.parallels.com command run in CMD on Windows side;
    - the output of ping IP - please copy the IP from Mac System Preferences -> Network -> Ethernet -> Router.

Best regards,
    Xenos