Cannot boot into windows via parallel/bootcamp : disk hardware configuration problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by peeInMyPantz, Dec 2, 2006.

1. peeInMyPantz

peeInMyPantz Bit poster

Hi, I've been asking about this problem in the main thread about the new 3036 release, but i guess the thread is getting too long and nobody really pay attention

I followed all the instructions, install the parallels tool in xp when i start it from bootcamp.
    set up parallels to boot xp via bootcamp :

[​IMG]

next.. i click the green arrow at the right and it gives me this msg that lasted for a split second:

[​IMG]

before i can do anything, it skips to this:

[​IMG]

i think i'm supposed to be shown a 'black screen that gives choice of available configuration' , but i'm not getting that..
    and i think after installing the tools for parallels . i'm supposed to be given the same screen when i boot xp via bootcamp but xp just boots normally with bootcamp.

can anyone help me solve this...
    i'm really a noob with mac.
    today is my first day.. i just got it this morning

2. rhanks

rhanks Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem. Any ideas on a solution?

3. hussainahm

hussainahm Member

4. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

Is your boot camp formated as Fat 32? Apparently, parallels has an issue with that format and this could be related to that.

5. seth9341

seth9341 Bit poster

Same screen

I am having the exact same problem, or at least the same screen pops up when I try to start from the vm from the boot camp partition.

6. peeInMyPantz

peeInMyPantz Bit poster

after reading the other thread, i realise the problem was because the parallel tool was not installed properly. Can't do anything about that. I was using winxp pro corporate.

right now i just use the pro non-corporate version, and it works, just that bootcamp drivers have problem. two missing drivers (USB human interface sth and PCI sth).. and it keeps asking me to install the VGA driver as well even though it's shown in system properties that the graphic card driver is installed properly.