Cannot install Parallels Tools on CentOS 5.4 64-bit

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Steve Staton, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Steve Staton

Steve Staton Bit poster

After a successful installation of CentOS 5.4 (64-bit), I get the following error when trying to manually run the Parallels Tools installer:

# sh install
    install: line 408: ./installer/installer.x86_64: Permission denied

Closer inspection of installer.x86_64(1) reveals that it isn't a valid binary for CentOS 5.4. Any suggestions?

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    I'm not sure (because I work with Linux rarely), but try to copy the content of cdrom to say /tmp. AFAIK some linux-distributions don't allow to run anything from CD-Rom

3. EricO

EricO Junior Member

Noexec permission on the mount

The problem is probably mount options, remount the disk image with exec permission and try again.

4. MarkLxyz

MarkLxyz Bit poster

For Debian 64bit OS I got it to install. First Select Install Parallels Tools from the Virtual Machine menu. Then you'll see the /media/cdrom is mounted. Copy the folder and files from the CDROM to a directory in your account. I used Documents. Then at both levels of this directory, set the eXecute permissions for all files. Then in a shell, cd to the Documents folder/directory. Then type sudo sh ./install

The whole installation will begin to run.