Cannot log into Xbox app through Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Hunter4, Nov 9, 2022.

1. RodT1

RodT1 Bit poster

hi Steve can you help please? Did all the above, in Powershell I get error msg:
    emove-AppxPackage: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

2. SimonL13

SimonL13 Bit poster

this happened to me and I realised I wasn't running 'powershell as admin'. That might be whats happening with you

3. DavidG86

DavidG86 Bit poster

Bump - I'm having exactly the same issue, does anybody know anything?

4. MichaelM151

MichaelM151 Bit poster

I'm just going to put this here on the off chance that none of the solutions anyone has been able to find has worked.

What finally worked for me was installing Windows 11 with a local account, then once everything was up and running, run Windows Update and be sure everything is updated, then uninstall the Xbox App, and then in PowerShell, run Get-AppXPackage *gamingservice* | Remove-AppXPackage . Once that's gone, go to the store, install the Xbox App again, and launch it.

When the app launches, and prompts you to login to your Microsoft Account, don't click the button to use the login everywhere. There's a little blue link below it that says "Microsoft apps only". Clicked that, it logged me in and prompted me that the Xbox app needed an update, updated with the link shown at the bottom of the Xbox app, and after the update applied, it worked.

My issue was stemming from Gaming Services having two services in Services Control Panel, one of which worked fine, and the other which would not start no matter what, and essentially would just never let the Xbox app login. This fixed that by just bypassing those services altogether and letting the app handle the login itself.

Hope to god this helps someone else, because this issue has been one of the most annoying things I've come across with WOA.

5. AbimaelL1

AbimaelL1 Bit poster

Absolute GEM!! Thanks a ton!

6. RƵD

RƵD

my man! *Denzel Washington voice*
    I was frustrated for the past couple of days lol
    1 thing I'll add...I Installed all of the Xbox apps via the Microsoft Store...when I saw your post, I uninstalled only the Xbox app (the other ones had the uninstall button greyed out and I wanted to just try it out really quick anyways before uninstalling everything)...when I installed the Xbox app through the website, it worked and it some how synced with the existing other Xbox apps like the Game Bar [unless the Xbox app installation via the website wiped all of the other Xbox apps and reinstalled all of its versions]...whatever the case, it works...this free trial is now definitely worth it...might even purchase Parallels Desktop if I continue using Mac in the future

7. BradB7

BradB7 Member

Logging in has not been my issue so I can connect remotely to my Xbox, but I still don't have the ability to 'see' any of my Library games within the app. It used to just flash forever trying to refresh and now the left menu option has been gone for some time now. The only options are "Cloud Gaming" and "community." And Cloud gaming only gives the option to join GamePass (Ultimate) and a listing of "cloud enabled games" none of which seem to contain my existing library. is this feature permanently broken for ARM users?

8. JohnL8

JohnL8 Bit poster

Fantastic!!! just follow the step and it resolve the issue!!

9. ScherisT

ScherisT

Steven's fix did work and got it to launch, but now it's saying that my Microsoft Store account must match my Xbox account (however, I'm not currently signed in with the latter in the Xbox app). Trying to click "login" for the Xbox account does nothing.

10. Edininja

Edininja Bit poster

The same problem. I can login into the Xbox app now, but the left bar show nothing except my account name.

11. froetz

froetz Bit poster

Had the same issue and tried everything what was linked and suggested in this thread - nothing worked. I just wanted to play minecraft bedrock on my macbook. I installed minecraft from the MS-Store and it could not log in to the service (Code BAT).
    The xboy-app showed my store-account but not the xbox-id.

Like I wrote, nothing worked for me. Then I installed the normal minecraft-launcher as a last hope and it installed some more tools, like the "account provider" - and after that I could run Minecraft bedrock on my mbp. The xbox-app looks now like I am completly signed in, with xbox-id in the top left corner.

12. TimothyO2

TimothyO2

Hello, should this also resolve the issue of only seeing the "Cloud Gaming" option, and not Library, Gamepass etc?

13. Dreamcore018

Dreamcore018 Bit poster

The Xbox app from the site worked! However, I only see my profile and Cloud Gaming. Hmm... wonder if this has something to do with the ARM-based windows.

14. MarcoJ5

MarcoJ5 Bit poster

What's the point of using parallels if we can play the games or even get the Microsft Store or the xbox app open????'

15. JoshuaF7

JoshuaF7 Bit poster

Anyone had any luck with the cloud gaming only option being seen? thanks

16. Ulas-

Ulas-

Is there any update on this?

Still only option is "cloud gaming" in xbox app. This is core value of parallels to make us buy-in.