Cannot PXE Boot via Network or USB on Parallels 17, M1 Chip

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by NiclausD, Apr 29, 2022.

1. NiclausD

NiclausD Bit poster

Hello All,
    I have been trying to image a VM using our PXE boot from SCCM as well as a bootable PXE USB but neither is working. It almost seems like Parallels doesn't try to load them, just immediately goes to "There is no operating system installed in this virtual machine".

I have made sure both External Device and Network are on top of the boot list. I have selected the USB as the boot device! We use Jamf as our MDM solution and have the configuration profile being applied (had to lower the security of M1 in Recovery Mode to allow Kext profiles).

The weird thing is when I select the option to "Select boot device on startup" it just brings me to the default bios screen but it doesn't seem to see or provide my bootable options.

Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated!

2. Zshrc

Zshrc Member

Best Answer
  3. CallumR4

CallumR4 Bit poster

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue. We are having the same thing here.

Thanks in advance.

4. BenJ7

BenJ7 Bit poster

Same problem here, any workarounds?

5. BenJ7

BenJ7 Bit poster

FWIW Parallels technical support is terrible so don't go looking there for answers. On the plus side it was easy to get a refund.....

6. Zshrc

Zshrc Member

Best Answer
  7. BenJ7

BenJ7 Bit poster

The option was there but I couldn't get it work. Support takes 3 weeks to answer each message so I just gave up