Cannot use my Windows 10 in full screen

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LimingY, Nov 2, 2023.

1. LimingY

LimingY Bit poster

Hi, I've installed the Windows 10 on my Macbook. When I open it, it doesn't show the full screen icon [​IMG] .

My screen looks like below with the "Installation Assistant" still on the title. Does that mean the installation isn't complete? What should I do now?
    upload_2023-11-2_10-19-39.png

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Make sure that the virtual machine is shut down. If it is in a suspended state, please run it and then shut down (Actions > Shut Down).
    2. Launch Parallels Desktop.app, but do not start your virtual machine.
    3. Click on the Parallels Desktop on the Mac menu bar > select Control Center.
    4. Right-click on your virtual machine and select Remove "virtual machine name"...
    5. Select Move to Trash, if you do not need any data from this virtual machine and want to erase it completely.
    6. Try reinstalling Windows 10 again.
    If the issue persists, for us to further investigate this issue, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.

3. LimingY

LimingY Bit poster

Hi, thank you for your reply. There's no 'action' section, under the 'installation' section, there's only stop and suspend option. upload_2023-11-3_9-13-19.png

And if I try to click on 'close' (the red circle ), it will say "Do you want to stop or suspend the installation?".
    That is to say, I cannot find a way to shut sown the machine like you said in the step 1. Could you help me with that?

4. MatthewR20

MatthewR20 Most valuable person

Try the || icon on the right of the menu bar.

5. LimingY

LimingY Bit poster

Thank you for the reply, I didn't find any || icon on my menu bar. My icon for Parallels is: upload_2023-11-7_10-51-32.png , and there's no 'shut down' option provided as well.

6. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Liming,

Thank you for your feedback.

Open your virtual machine in Windowed mode. It should be as the screenshot

upload_2023-11-8_3-54-53.png

MatthewR20 likes this.
  7. LimingY

LimingY Bit poster

Thank you for the reply, but below is my window, seems like it's still in installation stage.
    upload_2023-11-8_13-52-1.png

8. LimingY

LimingY Bit poster

9. LutherB1

LutherB1 Bit poster

I read that instruction but in 3rd step i didn't get KB 115835. I am quite newbie into this can you help me out. Thanks

10. LimingY

LimingY Bit poster

Hi, I just clicked on "Continue Manually..." under "Installation", then it enters full screen mode. Not sure if it's the standard way to solve the issue, but it works for me.