Can't access a Windows 7 PC from web browser

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by BobL1, Sep 19, 2015.

1. BobL1

BobL1 Bit poster

I have 3 computers on my LAN. Two Windows and one Mac. One Windows is Windows 10 and the other is Windows 7. All are running the client version 3.0.0 (30322)

If I use another computer (either on my LAN, or out and about) I cannot access the Windows 7 PC from the browser. I can use my tablet to access applications on it, but if try to use a browser I cannot get access. I can get access to the Windows 10 and Mac fine.

Sitting next to my Windows 7 PC and watching the screen when I connect from another device:
    -> If I use my tablet, the Windows 7 goes through the normal resolution change and message about PC being in use
    -> If I use a browser to connect, the browser just spins at "connecting" and never asks for my password. The Windows 7 PC screen never changes or reflects that anything it trying to connect.

I have de-installed and re-installed the Parallels Access client.

Any suggestions of additional tests or things I can try to troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you.

Bob Lafleur

2. Hi @BobL1, few day ago has been release the latest version of the Parallels Access, please install it and check the issue.

3. CharlesC3

CharlesC3 Bit poster

I am having the same problem as Bob and already installed the latest version as suggested but still not working.

-> If I use my tablet, the Windows 7 goes through the normal resolution change and message about PC being in use
    -> If I use a browser to connect, the browser just spins at "connecting" and never asks for my password. The Windows 7 PC screen never changes or reflects that anything it trying to connect.

Please help to solve this issue. Thanks!

4. Hi in order to investigate the issue further please generate the problem report right after the reproducing the issue.
    Please use this KB to generate the report and reply us back with the report 8-digit ID number.

5. CharlesC3

CharlesC3 Bit poster

6. CharlesC3

CharlesC3 Bit poster

Almost 2 months, still no follow up?

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Charles, We have released a new build for Parallels Access. Kindly update Parallels Access on both remote and host device and check how it works. Thanks!

8. CharlesC3

CharlesC3 Bit poster

I did update and my current version is 3.02-30719 but still not workable!!
    It worked fine when I subscribed this software in 2014 and this problem start from the update few months ago. Please kindly sort this out.

9. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi CharlesC3,
    Please check your private message and respond.

10. RobW1

RobW1 Bit poster

any update on this issue, i am a new user in the trial period and having this issue.
    Windows 7 PC. i can access it from my Android Phone, but i have tried 2 different windows 10 PCs using Edge, IE, and Chrome, they all to whats described above.. say connecting and just spin there.
    Would love to be able to test this out before the trial period is over

11. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Plz email us at cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.

12. RobW1

RobW1 Bit poster

thank you, i posted that 2 weeks ago and it was moderated until now, my trial has already expired and i found another product that is doing what i need.
    Thanks for follow up though, sooner and you may have had another customer.

13. ManojK@Parallels

Anyways, thank you for getting in touch and we will improve our response rate as well as be looking forward to seeing you soon.

14. BobL1

BobL1 Bit poster

I am still having the same problem in which I started this thread. I have updated to the latest version, de-installed, re-installed.

I have created a problem report. It is 90348104.

15. CharlesC3

CharlesC3 Bit poster

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

16. ManojK@Parallels

Please send us an email describing the issue along with the problem report at cs@parallels.com so that we can check.