Can't burn with CloneDVD

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by karticus, Nov 17, 2008.

1. karticus

karticus Junior Member

Hello,

I can't burn DVDs using CloneDVD using WindowsXP with Parallels 4.0 (didn't work with 3.x either) in Mac OS 10.5. I can create ISO files with CloneDVD and burn them using NERO 9.0, but if I try to copy a DVD directly using CloneDVDs own DVD burning feature, the software says "Write error possibly due to bad medium". Burning DVDs is no issue, when I boot WindowsXP directly using BootCamp.

CloneDVD support had no solution. Any ideas what I could change/tweak in Parallels?

Regards
    Konstantin

2. mmika

mmika Pro

Hello. I will check it.
    Thank you.

3. mmika

mmika Pro

I've just successfully burned a dvd with CloneDVD 4.3.0.2 with Parallels Desktop 4. What dvd drive are you using?

4. karticus

karticus Junior Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention my configuration. I have an iMac, 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB ram, using the built in "superdrive" which is an OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5630A.

Regards
    Konstantin

5. karticus

karticus Junior Member

Are we refering to the same software? I use CloneDVD version 2.9.0.2 from slysoft.com.

Regards
    Konstantin

6. mmika

mmika Pro

7. mmika

mmika Pro

Hello karticus!
    I've successfully burned a dvd media with Slysoft CloneDVD 2.9.0.2 with my built in Matshita. I do not think that your Optiarc drive is a reason of a problem.
    Please, send a problem report (Help->Report a Problem) at the moment when software says "Write error possibly due to bad medium".
    Thank you.

8. karticus

karticus Junior Member

Thank you! I did that. This process gives me an ID. Do you also happen to know, where I may look up the status of that ID?

Regards
    Konstantin

9. mmika

mmika Pro

Hello karticus! Please write this ID here.

10. Marcus Bardt

Marcus Bardt Bit poster

Is there any solution to this problem yet?

I have the same system configuration like karticus and the same problem with Parallels 4 and Slysoft CloneDVD. Burning with DVD-R and DVD+R media result in a write error. DVD+RW media works fine.

I have send a problem report with ID 96382.