Can't get Trial Key/Account info

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by stokkes, May 27, 2006.

1. stokkes

stokkes Member

I'm not sure when the problem started, but since last night, I have been unable to get my account information nor get a trial key sent to me by the Parallels site.

I've previously setup an accont and forgot my password.. after having requested the information be sent to me, i've waited and waited and nothing came in. I've tried this a few times without any success.

I then decided to create a new account and request a trial key, however, the trial key was never sent to my e-mail address. I tried this a few times as well.

Maybe someone from Parallels can chime in on this issue? I'd really like to be able to test drive the mac version of this software :)

2. ernie

ernie Member

I am having a similar issue, I got a trial OSX key on April 8th, then on May 3rd a automatic new key came in the email, now my copy of RC2 says it's going to expire in 1 day and I have not seen a new key. I tried to log into the My Account section of the Parallels site to see if there is some way to send a new key but it would not accept the email and password that I used to register in the first place. So I did a password recovery twice to see if that had been changed, but despite the dialog that said the password had been sent to me there was nothing in my email or our maillogs. The email logs say that other users on our network have had emails from Parallels today so I know that bit is working.

I am a paid up user and I don't know what to do.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting - we will investigate your problems.

4. ernie

ernie Member

Thanks Andrew, support sent me out a new key and password a couple of hours after your reply.

Whatever you did it worked!

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. greck

greck Bit poster

Yeah, I've been trying to get a friend's new MacBook set up for her by this afternoon and plan on getting her hooked on your software, but although I was able to register her an account, I haven't gotten requested trial key via hers or via mine.

7. syd

syd Bit poster

The button to get a trial key for Windows Workstation is now broken. Please help.
    Syd

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

syd,

It was bug on website and it is already fixed. Please try again.

9. syd

syd Bit poster

Thanks - works now.

10. ryanthered

ryanthered Bit poster

Still waiting for activation key

I bought Parallels once 1.0 was final and have since lost the email with my activation information. I've sent a few emails requesting this to be resent. I think the ticket is #32406. I did receive an answer from someone at the regnow-support address but the reply was unintelligible.

Thanks for any help I could get on this.