Can't move taskbar from top to bottom

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by markallison02, Sep 1, 2007.

1. markallison02

markallison02

I'm using build 5144, and I can't move my taskbar from the top of the screen to the bottom, no matter which view I'm in. Any ideas?

Mark Allison

2. chabig

chabig

That's probably a Windows problem, not a Parallels problem. Is the taskbar locked, by chance? Right-click on it to find out.

3. markallison02

markallison02

While I can right-click everywhere else, nothing happens when I right-click on the taskbar. Also, when I set Coherence mode to automatically move the taskbar, nothing happens. I can set the dock to the right or left side, but the taskbar still stays at the top of the screen. I can auto-hide the taskbar using the Parallels Application Menu, but it won't move back to the bottom of the screen.

Any ideas?

Mark

4. chabig

chabig

Maybe you have a problem with right-clicking too. I think that's a setting in Parallels tools. But what happens if you control-click? Does that work?

5. jackybe67

jackybe67 Kilo Poster

Make sure your windows is in full screen mode.

Make sure that taskbar is unlocked (right click on taskbar)

Click and hold with mouse and drag it down.

Greetings

6. brkirch

brkirch Kilo Poster

I think the default for right-click in Parallels is ctrl-shift-click. Usually I just use two finger right-click, which can be enabled in System Preferences on the Trackpad tab of the Keyboard & Mouse panel.