Cd & Dvds & Usb

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Hiohokaybye, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

How can you burn cd or dvds in parallels, i tried to put in a blank disc and it showed up an error message, than i tried w/ a cd that have some files in side and it works.... i have no idea wut's going on...

And when i tried to install my battlefield 2 (pc game) on parallels, everything was going ok, but until when i try to play it, it showed please ensure the install disc is in teh drive, but the install disc was already in there.... ahhh this is soo confusing

and i have 2 usb drive one of them is 1 gb, and the other one is 4gb but when i put it in, it had a pop up message: the usb drive ure trying to connect to the virtual mechine is being block by the other process, please wait for 5-10 second, and if this doens't help please find out the thing is blockin the usb, and disable it manually.... how does this thing work!?

anyone have any idea:( :( ??

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

The current release, build 1970, does not support USB drives other than flash, nor Firewire externals. You can format external drives for the Mac, an place a VM on them, or use them to hold shared folders, but access must be through OSX. Connect them before you start the VM, or turn off autoconnect.

Build 1970 does not support disk burning, nor any of the copy protection schemes used by games. You might be able to run a game by making an image of the disk using the image tool, and attaching that as a CD. But that may not work depending on how they access the hardware.

The next release, in beta now, and due out soon, does a better job of supporting disk burning, and CD access in general, as well as USB support, but external disks still may not work. You can try the beta if you like, but it's beta so don't unless you want to be a beta tester, and don't expect much support since companies don't support betas as a general rule.

If any of the above doesn't make sense, read the manual, and if that doesn't answer your questions, post again.

3. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

um...

so how do i get the shared folder thing work?? i read the user manual but it didn't help... thanks