Centos 4.3 Install failure BlueQuartz

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by ernie, May 22, 2006.

1. ernie

ernie Member

I am getting a fatal install failure under with the BlueQuartz server ISO based on Centos 4.3,

It's happening very early in the install so it's easy to reproduce.

This is the .iso CD I am using:

http://www.nuonce.net/bq/Nu-CentOS-BQ-4.2.iso

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

What you are using, is not supported.

The list of supported OS's, in my oppinion, is extensive. I would much rather see the good people at Parallels spending thier time on that list than attempting to make every nouveau distribution work.

3. ernie

ernie Member

Centos 4.3 is hardly nouveau, it's Redhat Enterprise and I use it for commercial hosting, hence my need to use Parallels as a testbed for development work.

However point taken, I will down load the full original CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD not the single CD hosting distro I use and see if it's installer fails at the hardware probes as well and report back.

/EDIT Please note that this thread is in the wrong forum. It's supposed to be in the MacOS X forum not the linux forum. ie. using Centos linux as the guest not host OS.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

CentOS is not officially supported but we are trying to make product compatible with broad selection of OSes. So, thanks for reporting - we will check this issue.