Chromium

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by IvoD, Mar 15, 2010.

1. IvoD

IvoD Bit poster

Hello,

I can now download a Chromium OS and it works fine. But I have a question. What is the root password. I coudn't read anything about it.
    Who knows the original unchanged root password for the parallels chromium VM.

Thx fiveyears

2. Kir

Kir Bit poster

As far as I remember, you need to either run "su -" or "sudo" in a terminal and use either the same password you used for logging in, or try 'chronos' (w/o quotes).

3. IvoD

IvoD Bit poster

It is chronos, thanx !

4. texeter

texeter Member

Chromium OS - userid & password

Just downloaded Chromium OS via the Parallels Virtual Machines menu. There was no clue as to how one should sign in but found my answer here in the Forum: the userid is "chronos" with no password. I had read elsewhere that one should use one's own Google Gmail userid and password but that does not seem to work.

Is there any way to change the userid from "chronos" and to be able to add a password?

Why on earth didn't you guys document this somewhere such as under help? You bragged about it when you listed the latest improvements to Parallels, you made it easy for us to download but then you left us hanging in mid-air when it came to using Chromium.

5. AustinT

AustinT Bit poster

Chrome OS Login

I downloaded/installed the Chrome OS through Parallels yesterday and just used my google account user/pass. It brought up my mail and calendar tab already logged in.

6. cwestpha

cwestpha Bit poster

Currently the version is from early this year/late last year. Any chance we can get an up-to-date build of Chrome OS or Chromium OS?
    Here are some changes:
    Extensions Support
    "App Store"
    6.x Chrome base for Chrome OS, 7.x base for Chromium OS (its 4.x in the one through parallels)
    many bug fixes
    UI enhancements and alterations
    Chrome OS updater
    Speed enhancements
    Browser Sync
    Login UI remembers last entered login ID
    Multi-Language hooks
    Settings via HTML 5 based browser windows
    Chrome OS Labs