CHUD leads to unkillable freeze

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by xbrianskix, May 12, 2006.

1. xbrianskix

xbrianskix Member

So...

I've been playing with CHUD http://developer.apple.com/tools/download/ to disable one of my laptop's cores when I'm running on battery. When I set my machine to just use one core, however, parallels tends to freak out and start eating all of my CPU (which was not totally unexpected). Further, it tends to get into an unkillable state and I have to power off my mac and restart to get it back (which was unexpected). It seems like after I've messed with CHUD I need to reboot my mac to get parallels working again, even if I've restored the second core.

I guess I'm just wondering if someone can give an overview of how I should expect this to work, so I can help debug the pieces that don't work. It strikes me that, if I've disabled one of my cores, I shouldn't have to reboot to get Parallels working again, but this could be anything from a problem with CHUD to parallels to intel's virtualization stuff... I'm happy to do some hardcore tedious debugging, if told what parameters I should be looking at...

Any insight?

Thanks!

2. subterrific

subterrific Bit poster

I have this problem too with release and beta update.

I have this problem too with release and beta update.

3. subterrific

subterrific Bit poster