Cisco 4.9 Error 51 after installing RC2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sray, Jun 9, 2006.

1. sray

sray Bit poster

I just installed RC2 (first time user of Parallels) on an MBP. I am now getting the following error message when starting up Cisco VPN Client:

"Error 51: Unable to communicate with the VPN subsystem. Please make sure that you have at least one network interface that is currently active and has an IP address and start this application again."

I can fix this by issuing the following command from the terminal:

% sudo SystemStarter restart CiscoVPN

I noticed a similar thread on this forum, but no answers. Thought I would chime up again to see if anybody else noticed this problem.

2. CDaRip2U

CDaRip2U Bit poster

I have the same issue. I got around it by disabling the parallels network adapter everytime I need to VPN. This is a headache!

3. kajtzu

kajtzu Bit poster

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. It would be very nice if it got fixed... :)

Kaj

4. jkieffer72

jkieffer72 Bit poster

Me too....

I've been getting around it with a reboot..

JK

5. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

Same problem. What is working for me is this:

After booting Mac OS, load Cisco, do the restart (always needed) reload cisco, get it connected, in my case load Entourage then and ONLY then load parallels and usually the networking in Parallels still works.

If you load Parallels first then try to connect Cisco and get the 51 do the restart you sometimes will kill the networking in Parallels (at least to the local machine).

It is a pain but there are work arounds for it.

Mark