Clock not in Sync when changing Timezone

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by joco, Mar 14, 2007.

1. joco

joco Member

I could swear Parallels used to do this... But when I change the Timezone on my MAC (because I travel for a living) my Windows time does not update to the new TZ. Shouldn't it? I would think that with Time Sync enabled it would sync the TZ as well.

Ideas?

BTW, I am running 3188.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Did you apply all the proper Windows timezone patches? Do you get your time from the Parallels option? Did you disable the internet time option in the date/time tool in your control panel? If not your clock is going to be off an hour.

3. joco

joco Member

Parallels is set to sync time. I do not have it set to get Internet time. And its not off an hour... its off three when I change the TZ on the OS X side.

These issues have been going on since BEFORE DST.

4. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

If the vm is configured to be in a different time zone than the host then there will be a time offset. It's that way in Java vm's, too. The Java vm and a Parallels vm can legitimately operate in different time zones and will display different times.

5. joco

joco Member

Understood... the interesting thing is that this WAS not the case in prior releases to Parallels. Since this change was not documented I was concerned.