[Clone vs Copy] VHD errors on startup of VM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Aries@PF, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Bit Poster

Unlike my Windows VMs, my MacOS installations were partially created by simply cloning an older OS and upgrading it in the cloned VM. Unfortunately, every time I startup the cloned VMs I get some sort of error along the lines of "can't use this VHD", but it can be closed and I don't notice any problems. The only thing I know for sure beyond that is that the packaged VHDs all appear to have the same contents, name and all. I'm not sure if I'm getting this message on the original VM or not right now, but there's a chance it had the issue and I didn't think about it. Additionally, NONE of them will create a Snapshot as well, so I suspect there's a common culprit there.

Other than that, would there be any reason that I couldn't have just used the Finder to copy/rename the VM and just drag it to the list in Parallels? One thing that comes to mind is the VM's MAC address, but I'm not sure how that's handled.

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Bit Poster

I'm starting to think that nobody actually monitors these threads...
    NeWay, this is the error I get when starting many of my MacOS VMs created using clones of Mavericks (which also has this error, so that part makes sense).

Attached Files: