Cloning Bootcamp to different drive using Winclone

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ihadmeavision, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ihadmeavision

ihadmeavision Bit poster

Hi all,

I'm running build 5160 and I have an internal drive partition with OS X and my Bootcamp XP partion on it. I put in another HD and am trying to move the Bootcamp partition to the new drive. I used Winclone to make an image and restored it to the new drive. I deleted my Parallels folder containing the configs and proceeded to tel it use Bootcamp etc. All goes well until I try to login. Windows starts logging in, starts applying personal setting and then BAM, it closes the network connections and brings me back to the login screen.

Does anyone know which files I could nuke or modify on the Windows side to get it to boot properly? Thanks for your help. ::I::

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello ihadmeavision,

Can you boot Windows from Bootcamp on your new HD?

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. ihadmeavision

ihadmeavision Bit poster

Sorry, I should have mentioned it.

Xenos, sorry I should have mentioned it. At first, I was able to login straight to Windows at start-up after a few minutes as it was having trouble recognizing the keyboard (couldn't do the control-Alt-Delete thing). So I was a happy camper and booted into OS X and tried Parallels which gave me the above logging in problem. Under Parallels, the keyboard and mouse are fine.

I just tried again to boot (natively) into Windows and my keyboard (I tried several others also, including a PC keyboard) is no longer recognized. So again, I can't do the Control-Alt-Delete thing to login but the mouse works fine. So I guess it probably isn't a Parallels issue maybe. ::I::

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team