Coherence + 2 monitors

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by luomat, Dec 21, 2006.

1. luomat

luomat Hunter

Coherence is so wicked I don't know whether to shower you with praises or throw holy water at you and then burn you alive for practicing witchcraft.

Having the Dock on the left and the Windows Bar on the bottom?! It's like some mythic beast.

That said, the only practical problem I have is that I can't drag WinXP windows from my main monitor to my external one.

Is there a workaround?

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

You can configure Coherence to utilize both of your monitors.
    Just choose View -> Customize -> Coherence -> Use multiple displays
    Play with the options on that config pane and you will get what you want.

Regards,
    Max.

3. SteveBosell

SteveBosell Junior Member

First off, this product is awesome, I will be purchasing it when my trial expires in a couple of days.

I think that I am having the same issue, I have a laptop with an extra display, and I want just the windows start bar in just the extra monitor along the bottom in coherence mode. It worked in the last beta.

4. MacDadaVM

MacDadaVM Bit poster

Similar setup here. Macbook with External LCD siting to my left and I am using a BootCamp partition. The last build allowed me to switch to coherence on that monitor if the window was already on it. I have not been able to go into Coherence without causing Parallels to seize and crash. Corrupted some of my (non-essential) files (I do have a backup).

I might have to go back to the last build, as it seemed a bit more stable for me.

That said, you guys are really pushing the development envelope here. I applaud your efforts. VMWare gave you the market, but you have run the hell out of it.

5. luomat

luomat Hunter

Well, maybe eventually. Right now it's very buggy. Parallels has crashed twice while changing these settings, leaving my WinXP C:\ in need of ChkDsk.

Also, when in dual monitor mode, the Windows Task Bar/Start Bar never appears anywhere.

6. debtoine

debtoine Junior Member

I have four monitors on my Mac Pro, and when I turn on Coherence with multiple monitor display, my second monitor goes black, and I can't use Parallels.

Any workaround?

T

7. willnyc

willnyc Bit poster

coherence disabled after 3094

I loved coherence in 3036, so I tried installing 3094 to check out coherence on my dual displays. Unfortunately, it just looked like a mess, even with "Use multiple displays" checked. I reverted back to 3036, but coherence in now disabled. How do I re-enable it?:confused:

I tried going back to 3094 again, but now Windows boots up into a cursor on a blank black screen. I've gone back to 3036, still with coherence disabled.

Any ideas? It's such a great feature, I'd hate to have to wait for the full release.