Coherence and OS X Network Client Problem - Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dfp1, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dfp1

dfp1 Bit poster

Hi all,

I have a OS X wrokstation that I loaded parallels onto and coherence mode worked fine and I was also able to minimize the Windows app to the dock and then right click and select keep in dock as a local user.

I then logged into the same workstation as a Network user ... I also set all the local parallels files and folders to read and write for all users ... my screen came up and I was in as an Open Directory user and then I started parallels which loaded fine and went into coherence mode okay ... that is when it got wonky.

I would start a windows app and then when I minimized the app it would disappear from the screen and not go to the dock. I went into full screen mode for coherence and the apps were minimized within Windows itself ... so minimize was working.

Has anyone else had this problem or know why the apps are not going to the dock when minimized (as I would like to keep them in the dock ... the main reason for coherence). The Network User has the rights to add and remove icons from the dock, but perhaps and hopefully I am missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Don