Coherence Dual screen limitation...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by HonzaI, Sep 5, 2007.

1. HonzaI

HonzaI

Hello,

I have the latest beta version (5144) and have the same issue with my dual monitor experience as in previous versions... In coherence I can use both monitors, but only the height of the smaller monitor is usable on the larger one...

What I mean is, that while the LCD of my MBP has 800 pixels hight, my external monitor is 1200 pixels high. In Coherence, only the top 800 pixels can be used by Parallels. The lower 400 pixels is not accessible to Parallels coherence windows.

But that area is usable by Mac OS...

I suspect, that in this case Parallels creates one large rectangular virtual Windows desktop and so the height is limited by the smaller monitor.... Just wonder, if there is any solution on horizon. I usually use full screen for Windows not coherence and actually this is the main issue keeping me from using coherence, which I would prefer...

Thanks

jan

2. iduff

iduff Product Expert

I have the same issue, and desire the same resolution.

3. Leonard

Leonard

Does it work if you go to View -> Customize -> Coherence -> Working Area and uncheck Exclude Dock?

4. HonzaI

HonzaI

OK, that fixes it...

Great suggestion. Works just fine. I should have tried this switch to see what happens...

Thanks

Jan