Coherence mode not refreshing mac desktop properly

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by bitlifter, Jun 19, 2008.

1. bitlifter

bitlifter Bit poster

Hi all, I am running build 5608 although this problem was happening in the last release as well. My OS is 10.5.2 on a 2.2Ghz macbook w/ 4GB RAM. I've got a 24" Dell 248WFP monitor connected via mini-DVI cable with Parallels functioning only on this big desktop (non-multimonitor mode).
    The problem is that when I user Outlook or any other application that spawns new windows, the coherence window for the app does not refresh properly. for example, if i have outlook open everything works great. But when I create a new e-mail which opens a new window, instead of being able to drag that new e-mail window around my desktop, the window disappears "underneath" my mac desktop. If you look at the attached image, you'll see an e-mail with the left side cut off. It's as if it's underneath my desktop background image.
    Any thoughts on how to fix it? It renders coherence mode virtually unusable for me.

Attached Files:

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

It looks like Parallels Tools are incorrectly installed,
    Also this can be caused by very high resolution.
    Try to disable DirectX Shaders, and increase video memory

3. bitlifter

bitlifter Bit poster

I tried playing with the different settings, but what I've come to realize is that it's only happening within Outlook 2007. I thought it was all the apps but that it not the case. It just seems to affect new messages within Outlook. It's very annoying.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Did you try to lower resolution in Mac?

5. rstrauss

rstrauss Junior Member

Same Problem on Macbook Pro

I'm experiencing the same problem on my Macbook Pro. I can no longer use Coherence mode. Have to use full screen and Spaces to switch from Windows to OSX. If there are multiple windows, clicking on any window makes that window disappear. It comes back after about a 3 second delay. Has nothing to do with screen resolution, and I've reinstalled Tools several times.

I am using XP with SP3, OSX 10.5.3 and Parallels build 5608. Fortunately, I prefer full screen mode, but this is a bad bug since the upgrade to 10.5.3.