Coherence - Windows desktop disappears

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bidione, Sep 9, 2007.

1. bidione

bidione Member

I use Parallels in Coherence mode most of the time because it is handy to work with my Windows desktop, seeing all my Windows folders while at the same time having access to the Mac dock.

What annoys me - and this can probably be fixed, but I don't know how:

When in Coherence mode, I see my Windows desktop with all the files & folders on it. As soon as I double-click on one of the folders on my Windows desktop, this folder opens, but at the same time the entire Windows desktop disappears. Instead I see the Mac desktop. This makes it impossible to e.g. drag & drop a file from one Windows folder on the Windows desktop to another Windows folder which also resides on the desktop.

What kind of setting do I have to make in order to NOT make my Windwos desktop disappear, as soon as I open one item on it?

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

We do not manage Windows desktop we just using Windows built-in functionality to show/hide the desktop. To access the desktop files just open Desktop folder in Explorer. In this case you will be able to use Coherence and do Drag-and-Drop files on the Windows desktop.

Alexander