Coherence windows too aggressive?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pcraddock, Oct 16, 2007.

1. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

I seem to be having the opposite issue from most posts I have read. If I have applications running from XP and OSX at the same time, the XP come to the front if I just mouse over them. This is annoying when I have Windows applications open on one part of the screen and Mac applications in another. For instance, I was typing in Word for Mac and I moved the mouse to Internet Explorer. While I was typing, IE came to the front and I ended up not typing anything into the document (I was transcribing from a book at the time). Has anyone else seen this? I am using Parallels Build 5160 and fully patched OSX. I have been able to duplicate this several times on purpose.

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello pcraddock,

Could you send me a snapshot of your Coherence settings? Run the VM -> Configuration -> Coherence.

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

Here it is!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Attached Files:

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

pcraddock, did you try to reinstall Parallels Tools?

1. Launch your Windows XP guest OS .
    2. Open Add/Remove programs control panel in Windows and remove Parallels Tools if present.
    3. Reboot Windows XP guest OS .
    4. Install Parallels Tools using "Install Parallels Tools " menu item in the Action menu of the Parallels Desktop application.
    5. Reboot Windows.

If you did, and that did not help, please give some additional information:
    1. What's your Mac model?
    2. What mouse do you use?
    3. Did you install any drivers manually?

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

I have reinstalled Tools. There was no change. I have noticed what seems to cause it. It seems whanever there is an action in Windows (Browser reloading a page or receiving an email in Outlook) that application comes to the front even if the Mac applications are the ones that I am interacting with. The cursor hovering over any Windows application seems to be the catalyst.

1. What's your Mac model? I have the same issue on both a MacBook Core Duo and an iMac with Core II Duo.
    2. What mouse do you use? Trackpad ot Bluetooth on MacBook and Mighty Mouse (wired) on the iMac.
    3. Did you install any drivers manually? No.

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Please try once more. While reinstalling Parallels Tools now choose Custom type of setup and remove the tick at Mouse Synchronization. If there'll be no change, there is something with Mac mouse settings.
    Waiting for your feedback.

Best regards,
    Xenos