Computer Offline - when it isn't

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by Terry729, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Terry729

Terry729 Member

Yesterday was my first day with Parallels Access and I had no problems logging in to my desktop when it was Accessible. Today I am trying to use the program. The green light is on on my desktop and the app logged in successfully (It appears). My computer is listed as Offline on the iPad app and I can't access it. Am I missing something? Since this is a beta distribution. I'm trying to use it as much as possible and report problems here in the hope that they will be fixed.

2. PaulMcGr

PaulMcGr Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. Installed it a couple of days ago and it worked fine for the first day. But now the iPad app says that my mac is always offline. Tried uninstalling iPad app and reinstalling to no avail. Mac has green light and says its avail. :(

3. TecsiTecsi

TecsiTecsi Bit poster

I have same issue with Win7. Was working. Now it doesn't. Everything looks find on PC but iPad app says Offline.

4. Terry729

Terry729 Member

I think that was just a temporary glitch with the Parallels servers. It's been working fine.

5. JonnyD

JonnyD Bit poster

Having same problem using Win7. This is a bug.
    Works flawlessly on OSX.

6. LGT001

LGT001 Bit poster

Having same problem, using Win 7 on PC.

7. alreadytaken

alreadytaken Bit poster

Not just a PC problem: I have the same problem with a Mac mini. I can access that computer with other remote access apps from the iPad (even those using an external server for account management) while Parallels Access shows the Mac mini as "offline". Neither stopping and restarting Parallels Access on the Mac nor the iPad app helps. Only rebooting the Mac seems to work. (And its not a firewall problem, too ... so most likely its the external Parallels server not being updated on the status of the remote computer.)

8. GlennS1

GlennS1 Bit poster

Pretty serious bug if you really need to reboot PC or Mac to gain access from iPad, as the whole point of using the app is that you're not in same physical location as the PC or Mac. Hope it gets fixed during trial period -- wouldn't pay a dollar for Parallels Access with this problem, let alone the $80 they're asking for.

9. alreadytaken

alreadytaken Bit poster

There might be something changed in the backend already: It happened to me 3 times in the first 4-5 days into my trial, didn't happen again in the last days. Pretty sure that this is a problem with the Parallels server handling the logins. Perhaps the infrastructure wasn't ready for the masses?

10. GlennS1

GlennS1 Bit poster

Glad it's working now for you. I wasn't explicit about this, but I replied to your post because I am having same problem -- today. I'll reboot PC and see if it works, and continues to work. Thanks.

11. YoungkyuS

YoungkyuS Bit poster

I have same problem now. I found this thread when I googled, and the rebooting is not working for me.
    I've used parallels access for about two years, and I used this yesterday normally. but now, I can just see the offline icon even though it's on-line and accessible in the parallels access preferences.
    I'm using mac mini as a server and windows 7 opera browser as a client.
    If there are any other solutions, please let me know.

12. YoungkyuS

YoungkyuS Bit poster

I deleted parallels access from the applications of my mac mini, reboot, and reinstall the parallels access.
    and still I can't access my mac mini, and my mac mini in computer list is offline.
    Now I'm using teamviewer via web login. I really wanna fix this. please help me.