Conflict with Parallels 3.0.5608 and Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by ehands, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ehands

ehands Bit poster

I recently installed build 5608 on my Mac (OS 10.4.11) and now Dreamweaver on my Host OS fails to start if Parallels is running (no useful error message). If I start Dreamweaver first and then launch Parallels, the Dreamweaver editor ceases to function and displays strange behavior. It seems as if there is some conflict regarding graphical system resources, but that is a wild guess. I have tried running XP, Win2k, and Redhat 9.0 VMs as well as only opening a VM but leaving the guest OS unloaded, all with the same results described above. This is a big problem for me as my daily workflow takes me between my XP guest OS and Dreamweaver on my Host OS.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Otherwise, any help would be appreciated.

Also, to any Parallels team member who reads this: I tried to submit a request through the support/request link on the Parallels site, but it will not send me the registration verification email, so I cannot completely register there to send an official request and open a ticket (very frustrating).

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. ehands

ehands Bit poster

Hi John,

Thank you for the quick response. Here is my configuration information:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 2GB RAM and OS X 10.4.11
    I am using an external monitor (30" Apple Cinema), and only one video card. The error occurs within Dreamweaver during the launch process, I did not see any useful error information before, but when I dug a little deeper into the crash report that is sent to Adobe, I saw this:
    <crash exception="Unmapped Memory Exception" instruction="06700166">
    <backtrace crashedThread="0">
    <thread index="0">
    <stackStatement index="0" address="0x91719fb2" symbolname="_SetOrigin"/>
    <stackStatement index="1" address="0x00a1fcd4" symbolname="__ZN14UOverlayWindow10InitializeEv"/>
    <stackStatement index="2" address="0x00a5ea96" symbolname="_main"/>
    <stackStatement index="3" address="0x00003346" symbolname="__start"/>
    <stackStatement index="4" address="0x0000326d" symbolname="start"/>
    <stackStatement index="5" address="0x00000002" symbolname="unknown"/>
    </thread>
    </backtrace>

There is also a lot of other register and config dump info that I can provide if it would be useful (but it seems not to be). I was only guessing at the graphical sub-system conflict because of the strange behavior of Dreamweaver, and now the stack trace fragment in the error message above.

I did try to register at the link you provided several times before making the original post here on the forums. But as I said, the verification email is not getting to me, so I cannot complete the registration process there. Any suggestions? Is there someone I can contact about that?

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

do you have order ID, and and key, you can reply to me privately, and I will contact sales in about 9 hours,
    As for errors, they shows problem with second monitor, but I am not sure, because it is not Parallels errors.
    I suppose you are extending monitors not using mirroring or duplicate.
    What happens if you start without external display?

5. ehands

ehands Bit poster

I'll send along the key and order id (if I can find order id) to you privately.

You are correct: I am extending the display, not mirroring/duplicate. I just tried it without the external display and the error does not occur. Too bad that would not be a satisfactory workaround by itself since using a 15" display is a big drop from the 30". Seems like progress though. I also tried using only my external display, but that did not eliminate the error.

6. Jacquez

Jacquez Bit poster

eHands
    Parallels people do not respond to bug reports, or to queries.
    I have a DW problem and have been waiting for months in vain trying to get a response.
    I got better results from friendly people via a general Google search.
    Your and my problem seem to be different - from what I could gather is that it has to do with permissions. But my permissions on the Apple side are fine. There must be a Parallels clash somewhere.

Like you, I use DW daily, and have not been able to use it on the Apple box for months now.
    So I am sorry I changed to Apple and Parallels - I should have stuck to Windows and get some work done.
    I now have to work on a Windows box anyway, so buying the Apple was a waste of money.

7. EmilyL

EmilyL Junior Member

If this is so then who can we ask whenever we found some bugs on our system? I've found some thread where they respond to it and gave better solutions.[​IMG]

8. Jacquez

Jacquez Bit poster

Parellels people do not respond

Emily, you will notice that my original post about Parellels people not responding was posted 3 May 2011 - and that was after sending messages to all possible contacts at Parallels. You sent your message here in 3 July - more than 2 months later.... I still have not had a reply from, Parallels.
    I have not been able to use Dreamweaver on my MacBook for 3 months now, and have to revert back to my trusty old rubbish Windows box whenever I want to do Dreamweaver work - which is very often.
    The problem has to do with permissions -- which are fine in the Apple OS, but it seems somewhere Parallels keeps a record for this, and nobody seems to know where.

Parallels' service / support sucks.