Confusing Message on Startup - Need a little help

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PToomeyJr, Apr 19, 2007.

1. PToomeyJr

PToomeyJr Member

Not sure why this happened, but I need a little advice. I'm presently using 3036 and have had no problems, b ut do not claim to be using many advanced features. WHen I went to start up Parallels today I got a new screen that says "select a virtual machine." Nevr got this before, and as far as I know all Ihave is one machine. It has the name of my virtual machine in the dialogue bax "XP within Parallels." When I choose select I get another message "Virtual machine XP within Parallels cannot be opened since it is already used in another Parallels Desktop window."

What does this mean? How do I just continue with the machine that they say is already runnign when I cannot openit or go to it? Could someone clarify what I need to do? I do not have another Parallels desktop window running, so how can I close it and get to my XP?

Patrick Toomey
    Victor, Montana

2. Intersecting

Intersecting Parallels Team

First of all I advise you to get the latest version of the parallels. And also try to restart the computer. :)

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

definitely do this... the VM in use error was still an issue back at 3036. if you get the error when you have upgraded, you need to open the terminal application, cd to the directory where your virtual machines are held and delete the .lock file then it shouldnt happen again.