convert vm

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jackybe67, Jul 20, 2007.

1. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

i upgrated to 4560 in the hope i could compress my vm.
    When i began using parallels (build 1970) i've installed a plain disk with 20 gb (for the moment 12 gb free), but when i updated to parallels 3.0 the installation changed my vm to a expanding disk. (at this moment 42 gb big). I've tried everything to schrink it because i need space !!!!!!!

When i read the manual there is probally a way.....convert vm, but there is no explanation in how i should do this.

Am i the only one who's having problems with this????

Afbeelding 1.jpg

2. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Parallels do not converts plain disks to expanding automatically. Do you have snapshots in your VM?

3. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

No i have no snapshots en undo disk isn't enabled. That is always the message i get when i want to compress.

When i use parallels image tool i get this message

Afbeelding 1.jpg

4. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

That is very unusual.

I started with a Plain disk in v. 2 (at 30 GB when I upgraded to v. 3) and the upgrade did nothing to the size nor the type of disk. Just checked and winxp.hdd is still 30 GB.

Phil

5. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

I wish it went to same way for me. But now i'm stock with problem and nobody seems to have an answer to solve this. I'm really get frustrated about this.

Did pm to adminastrators, email's to parallels and there is nobody that can help me this problem. Very curious. Hoped last update would resolve this.

Greetings,

Jacky

Ps : still find parallels an amazing produkt !!!!

6. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

I've installed a new vm (winxp 2), besides my other vm.
    When i want to try to compress my hard disk in new vm it works.......:)

My older vm is from version 1970 untill 4560, i think when i installed parallels 3, the installation changed my hard drive so now i can't compress !!!!!!!!!!

I have asked this a million time : HOW DO I FIX THIS IN MY FIRST VM ???????????
    Do i have to convert my hard drive ?

Please i have to compress my hard drive....it's growning up to 42 gb (first install was 20 gb and still 12 gb free)

7. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Why is nobody responding??????