Core 2 new iMac

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by n4khq, Sep 16, 2006.

1. n4khq

n4khq Member

Is there a problem with the New Core 2 iMac. Getting a kernel panic and have tried several clean installs.

2. rchaput

rchaput Junior Member

Problem with new iMacs?

I just got my new iMac (2.33 ghz 2GB) I loaded the latest version of DfM and tried to load WinXP. System crashed several times. Deleted DfM and re-installed. Same result. My sense is that there is a problem with the new iMacs. Hope it's simple and will be fixed soon.

Incidentally, I have loaded DfM on my MacBook and it runs great.

3. kgregc

kgregc Member

Hmmm.. Sorry but what is DfM?

I have a new 2.0Ghz, Core 2 Duo, 1Gb RAM 17" iMac that works fine under 1892.6, and worked fine also under 1884. Have XP SP2 (Home) loaded, along with Office, Dreamweaver, FM Pro, IE 7, Opera FireFox, and other software. It works fine on a network and shares a file with my G5 Tower.

Others with iMacs have been successful, but many with Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with more memory seem to have mixed result.

4. dobbs

dobbs Bit poster

I had the same problem using the disk I purchased at the Apple Store. After searching a bit, I downloaded the latest DMG file from the paralles site. I realize this isn't a final release, but it does work very well. I haven't had any further problems, and I've installed Windows XP Pro and Ubuntu.

5. middleground

middleground Bit poster

New iMac Fine Here

New iMac 20" 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo 1 Gb RAM:
    The original CD from MacMall (1848 I think) gave me the kernel panics as soon as I tried to start the VM. Somehow found donwload link for 1884 build, did the update and works fine now. XPPro installed and working great so far. I did however do an ISO image of the XP Cd and used that for the boot/install.

6. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

7. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Member

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

9. Ian4

Ian4 Junior Member

I had the same problem and i have the answer, now it works!

I have a new core 2duo mac and had loads of problems, it was all to do with the software. I had the version off the disk that was 1848 i think. I downloaded the new version 1884 and it was perfect worked first time.

I know what you meanabout it crashing all the time, mine used to gray out from the top to the bottom and then i had to restart it.

10. climac

climac Bit poster

I had the gray screen of death to with my Core 2 iMac but 1896.2 solved that problem. I still can't get on the internet with XP though. :mad: Nothing I've read helps when it comes to the internet.