Created New disk, Help !!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by HappyMacSwitch, Nov 29, 2006.

1. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

I need some more space in my HD, so I created new disk, and it asked me to installed windows again, which I did. But now it shows that I have 7 GB of data, instead I think I only have about 4 GB in windows, is there a VM in my sytem hidden that I need to delete to get my space back? Thanks in advance.

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Try to follow the instructions to solve your problem:

1. Open "Finder" -> "Applications" -> "Parallels" -> "ImageTool" utility.
    2. After Parallels Image Tool starts click "Next" to perform the operation.
    3. Select "Hard Disk" to expand the size of your Virtual Hard Disk.
    4. Select "Increase the size of the Virtual Hard Disk" option and click "Next".
    5. Click "Browse" to select your Virtual Disk Drive for expansion.
    6. The path is defined in the Configuration Editor Resources section.
    7. Specify the appropriate amount of memory in the "New Size" box. After that click "Next".
    8. Now the Image Tool is ready to run. Please verify the options and click "Start".
    9. This operation can take some time, approximately up to 5 minutes.(This depends on the amount of data already stored on your Virtual Hard Drive in the guest OS).
    10. After operation is successfully completed click "Exit" button.
    11. Start your Guest OS (Windows).
    12. Launch "Start" -> "Run" -> type "diskmgmt.msc" and hit Return to open Disk Management utility.
    13. Right-click (or Ctrl+Shift+click) on the "Unallocated Capacity" bar and select the "New Partition" option. After that click "Next" in the dialog box to continue.
    14. Select "Primary Partition" option and click "Next".
    15. Specify new partition size and click "Next".
    16. Assign the drive letter from the drop-down list and click "Next".
    17.Select "Format partition" using NTFS file system with default allocation size. Specify the volume name and click "Next".
    18. Click "Finish" to start formatting.
    19. New Volume will appear in the Disk Management window and in "My Computer".

3. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

I really don't want to reinstall anything, just want to see how I can get my disk space back. Thanks