Cross folders with OS X and Win 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Macaby, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Macaby

Macaby Member

My present system is a MB with Parallels 4 and Vista Home Premium. Today I created another VM and installed Win 7. The installation went very smoothly and I have to say so far that it's probably at least 100% better than the VM with Vista.

However, in the Win 7 side, ALL of my desktop folders from the OS X side appeared on my Win 7 Desktop. I would rather not have them ALL there. I notice if I delete one of these folders, it also disappears on the OS X side as well. Is there anyway to delete a folder from the Win 7 side without deleting it from the OS X side as well?

I have a copy of Parallels 5 on the way and when it gets here, I'll probably remove the Vista and Win7, install Parallels and then add Win 7 back again.

2. STim

STim Bit poster

Hello,

This is pretty easy. The feature is called "Shared Profile" and you just need to disable it.

Go to Virtual Machine Configuration->Options->Shared Profile and unselect the "Enable Shared Profile" option. Relogin to Windows when prompted.